"Allied Works' book to be released Spring 2011"
Allied Works Architecture will release its first book this Spring 2011. The book is an in-depth exploration of the buildings and ideas of Allied Works, as well as a forum for conversations that consider the role of creative practice.
Allied Works Architecture Brad Cloepfil: Occupation contains the following:
· Introduction and essays by Brad Cloepfil.
· Conversations with various makers and thinkers discussing the forces that drive their endeavors. Participants include Ann Hamilton, Ben Rubin, Jan Tichelaar, Doug Aitken, Mark Taylor, Doug Reed, and Eric Sanderson.
· A review of Allied Works’ first projects, including Maryhill Overlook, Wieden + Kennedy, Sun Valley Residence and Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis.
· Site and context photography by Victoria Sambunaris.
· Overview of many of the firm’s significant completed works, including Dutchess County Guest House, Booker T. Washington High School for Performing and Visual Arts, University of Michigan Museum of Art, Seattle Art Museum and Museum of Art and Design.
· Essays by Kenneth Frampton and Sandy Isenstadt.
· A presentation of new and current projects, including Clyfford Still Museum, National Music Centre of Canada and Musée National des Beaux-Arts du Québec.
· Complete bibliography and catalogue raisoneé of Allied Works’ projects to date.
The book is being published by New York-based Gregory Miller Books and Berlin-based Hatje Cantz, and will be distributed by D.A.P. / Distinguished Art Publishers. It will be available online and at select bookstores worldwide.